This blog was inspired by Benito, who once demanded a story be told to him every day. Instead, he (and anyone else reading) can read daily-ish posted stories from my random and sometimes unsettling mind.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Very Old Poems

I was transfering stuff from my home computer and I found some stuff I wrote that I think can apply to my life still, although for different reasons.

The Past

The past is dwelled on much too often.
Such obsessing can lead to self-destruction.
However the past itself is needed,
For without which
Lessons learned would be undone.
If the past cannot be forgotten
Not let go,
What’s to become of a person
But to be torn in two
Between what has been
And what is?
            -- 2006

I actually remember the exact moment I wrote this one, and how enlightened I felt after. Because the thoughts had never fully occured to me before:

Im sick
Im sick of being angry and sad
Im sick of being hurt and upset
Im sick of obsessing over something that I cannot change
They cannot hurt me if I don’t let them
They cannot get to me if I refuse to let them in
No one can bring me down but myself
I have the ability to be an amazing person
And I deserve to be around other amazing people
Who respect me
And care about me
And don’t want to see me hurt
Or bleed
I deserve this
Because
I
Am
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment